- Households to pay up to $194 more in 2014 for AMI
- $150 p/a for refusing a smart meter
- Over 100 Smart Meters Vandalised
- Confirmed: Smart Meter Web Portal Data Privacy Risks
- Origin energy commissions live smart meter web data
Other archived news articles
Smart Meter Web Data available, but poses privacy risksFri, 15 Jun 2012 12:00 am By admin
Today Jemena has commissioned its web portal for customers to view their electricity usage online. The portal allows consumers to view hour-by-hour usage information.
However, privacy concerns exist. In light of the recent web site security breaches (Sony Playstation and Telstra), Jemena's web portal could potentially be a target of hack attacks, which could lead to personal data being leaked. Criminals could harvest usage data to determine when electricity is used at home, thereby deducing when the user is away from home. Armed with this data, burglars could pick the best time to break into a home for robbery.
|1 Comment(s) | Add a comment||Permalink This item has not yet been tagged.|