- Vic Energy Minister to commission Smart Meter safety audit
- Smart Water Meters on the horizon for Victorians
- Households to pay up to $194 more in 2014 for AMI
- $150 p/a for refusing a smart meter
- Over 100 Smart Meters Vandalised
Other archived news articles
Criminals making smart meters unsafe, but faulty installations continueSun, 20 May 2012 12:00 am By admin
In an investigation by Energy Safe Victoria last week, it was found that smart meters themselves are 'safe'. It was found that vandals were the cause of a number of failures.
However, there are still reports of faulty smart meter installations, causing problems ranging from a dangerous earth leakage (due to a loose neutral connection), swapped active/neutrals (electric shock from garden tap) right through to arcing from poorly made connections (leading to house fires). These problems can be attributed to installer (human) error, rather than a problem with the smart meter itself.
|Add a comment||Permalink This item has not yet been tagged.|