- Smart meter cost blow-out results in higher metering charges for 2015
- Industry watchdog recommends Pre-pay Smart Meters
- CSIRO warns of smart meter hacking risk
- Smart meter refusal fee reasonable: Denis Napthine
- Vic Energy Minister to commission Smart Meter safety audit
Other archived news articles
Criminals making smart meters unsafe, but faulty installations continueSun, 20 May 2012 12:00 am By admin
In an investigation by Energy Safe Victoria last week, it was found that smart meters themselves are 'safe'. It was found that vandals were the cause of a number of failures.
However, there are still reports of faulty smart meter installations, causing problems ranging from a dangerous earth leakage (due to a loose neutral connection), swapped active/neutrals (electric shock from garden tap) right through to arcing from poorly made connections (leading to house fires). These problems can be attributed to installer (human) error, rather than a problem with the smart meter itself.
|Add a comment||Permalink This item has not yet been tagged.|
Add a Comment
|Add a Comment to a news article|