- Smart meter cost blow-out results in higher metering charges for 2015
- Industry watchdog recommends Pre-pay Smart Meters
- CSIRO warns of smart meter hacking risk
- Smart meter refusal fee reasonable: Denis Napthine
- Vic Energy Minister to commission Smart Meter safety audit
Other archived news articles
Highett Woman Receives Electric Shock from Garden TapMon, 31 Jan 2011 12:00 am By admin
An elderly woman, Christine McIntosh, has received an electric shock from a garden tap due to a faulty installation of a smart meter. The woman was admitted to hospital.
It was later revealed the installer had wired the new smart meter incorrectly, inadvertently swapping the active and neutral wires. In most households, the neutral wire is supposed to be bonded to earth (usually via the cold water pipes). In Christine's case, the Active wire ended up being connected to the water pipes (by way of swapped active/neutral wires at the meter), causing her to receive a shock upon contact.
|Add a comment||Permalink Tags: electric shock|
Add a Comment
|Add a Comment to a news article|