Stop Smart Meters

Forum Menu

Smart Meters > Smart Meter Installation > Stop Smart Meters

<< Previous 151 | 2
First Post: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 08:05 pm Stop Smart Meters
Last post: Wed, 10 Jan 2018 01:17 pm
Graeme Rome
Guest User
We recently had Smart Meters installed and now every radio in the house gets static on my favourite am radio station (774) The static makes the station totally inaudible. I am in South Gippsland near Leongatha (VIC) Has anyone else experienced this? Mon, 19 Aug 2013 09:39 am
Report Post | Anchor
Anonymous
Guest User
A smart meter was installed on my house at 4:00 AM without my consent or knowledge. In doing so they shut off my computers destroying work I was doing at the time via. computers running at the time. Wed, 13 Nov 2013 03:42 am
Report Post | Anchor
Ria
Guest User
For 23 years we had our hot water heating on an off- peak rate at night. Days after a stupid meter was installed our hot water started heating up in the afternoon. Repeated calls to SP Ausnet,then to Energy Aust over & over with no help had them both blaming each other, saying that was always our tariff!
So we are now concidered to be stupid? Didn't know our hot water NEVER went on during the day for 23 years, but started to when the Smart Meter went in?
We have back-up solar hot water we use most days on Summer, doing our bit to save electricity.We now have to try to remeber to turn off & on at our fuse box to stop the hot water heating up by electricity during the day.Most of the year this works for us, so why pay for it to heat during the day & at what Tariff?

We live just outside Latrobe Valley area & recently heard of others near us having ths problem. SPAusnet said they didnt change the settings and can't fix it. Some people had their smart meter replaced & money refunded for their loss of savings.
We also have had a heat bank for about 15 years & this does heat up during the day & night but is this still supposedly on off peak rates We obviously turn it off except in Winter.
A call to SPAusnet yesterday was the usual run around with a promise to call back in 1/2 hour, but as usual that idn't happen.
Fri, 31 Jan 2014 04:36 pm
Report Post | Anchor
Anonymous
Guest User
I had a smart meter installed, and my 'usage' tripled. Wow just get a smart meter and you miraculously use 3 times the electricity, by changing nothing else.

What a rip off!!!!
Fri, 30 May 2014 09:30 am
Report Post | Anchor
Anonymous
Guest User
Hi,
I'm tired of getting bills that keep escalating with my smart meter. Today I called Origin and they said I should have been given a choice of meter that reads off peak and peak. Well I said I had not and I was not around and neither did I know they were coming to install. I did not know at the time I couldv'e said NO. So since 2010 I've been paying peak time rates 24/7. Now Origin says I have to call the supplier of the meters and pay for a dual system. I have asked the ombudsman to look into this for me.
Thu, 07 Aug 2014 03:03 pm
Report Post | Anchor
Anonymous
Guest User
Hello. https://goo.gl/oahvj4 - Your post has interested me, we can continue discussion? Thanks. Fri, 02 Jun 2017 08:47 pm
Report Post | Anchor
Anonymous
Guest User
TtsKbEPnjt h para hombres extremo sin censura Thu, 04 Jan 2018 09:58 pm
Report Post | Anchor
Anonymous
Guest User
TtsKbEPnjt reductrim Wed, 10 Jan 2018 01:17 pm
Report Post | Anchor
<< Previous 151 | 2

Post a reply message

Your name/nickname: Already registered? Please log in.
Anonymous
Message Text:
Verification
To ensure you are a human, enter the code as you see it above.
You are not logged in. This thread allows you to post messages anonymously, however, you will not be able to edit the message afterwards. Furthermore, you must wait at least 20 minutes before you can post again.